art of del cowriter says trumps crazy, art of the deal cowriter, art of the deal cowriter tony schwartz, Art of the Deal Meine Kampf, CNN, Crime, decompensation, double in the dead mans clothes, he feels unchecked & free to define his own deluded reality. On the other, he's under siege, how crazy is donal trump, ivanka emails president paranoid and willing to do anything to survive., kashoggi murder, Mein Kampf, mental defense mechanism breakdown, mueller report, north korea, notable trump critics, people who know trump think hes crazy, progressive views, Resist, saudi hit team turkey. jaamal kashoggi murder, tony schwartz, trump crazy, Trump idiot, trump insane, Trump liar, trump lies, trump mental breakdown, Trump Military Policy, Trump paranoid & willing to do anything -- anything -- to survive., trump state of mind, Trumps lack of compassion, What you are watching with Trump is what psychiatrists trust call decompensation (failure of reality testing) On one hand
Anyone who watches the news knows Tony Schwartz; Art of the Deal Cowriter turned Trump critic.
Schwartz has accurately predicted what Trump will do on a few occasions and usually attributes this to the idea Trump has not grown or changed in any way since the time they spent together in the late 80s.
A few months back he theorized Trump was losing his mind in a particular way and since the tweet dropped in July there’s been an unsettling amount of evidence Schwartz nailed it. In fact every week since things have skewed a little more in the direction of “Schwartz is totally right.”
Here’s what the tweet said back in July; for the record – the word trust in there appears to be maybe autocorrect taking him in a bad direction but has no real effect on what he’s saying-
‘What you are watching with Trump is what psychiatrists trust call decompensation (failure of reality testing) On one hand, he feels unchecked & free to define his own deluded reality. On the other, he’s under siege, paranoid & willing to do anything — anything — to survive.’
So according to wikipedia Decompensation is described like this –
“In psychology, the term refers to the inability to maintain defense mechanisms in response to stress, resulting in personality disturbance or psychological imbalance. Some who suffer from narcissistic personality disorder or borderline personality disorder may decompensate into persecutory delusions to defend against a troubling reality.”
Let’s face it; Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Borderline Personality Disorder are mentioned in connection to the president so many times they’re probably exactly whats going on in his head. On top of endless easily googled articles by experts there’s the overt insanity of Trump’s Double-Talk. There’s no way all the experts are wrong and even so, Perception is Reality and to say it doesn’t look crazy is to pretty much admit you’re a member of Cult 45. You don’t have to be a Rocket Scientist to point to the moon and you don’t have to be a doctor to know trump’s sort of insane and a pathological liar
Trump has been a little more out there every week since late July. The release of Bob Woodward’s book FEAR didn’t help the White House’s image. It presented the president as a rage-a-holic living in his own world, lashing out against real and perceived enemies.
In the time since the Schwartz Decompensation tweet, which has aged very well, signs have been rampant that Trump has simply “decompensated into persecutory delusions to defend against a troubling reality.”
In the last few weeks he’s called reporters stupid, banned people who’ve pressed him even gently for details on the standard “Big Announcements coming extremely soon” line that been the answer to every question on lack of substance since Trump started the Birther Lie.
Among others Trump’s focused his ‘persecutory illusions’ on
- Allegations about Robert Mueller and James Comey, when he claimed he had ‘at least 100 pictures of them hugging and kissing.” These never materialized.
- Hundreds of members of ISIS were penetrating the southern border
- Claiming Rocks and Rifles were the same
- Claimed massive voter fraud in the midterms
- Argued with greater and greater bile with anyone who relates bad news or confronts him with facts
- Claimed democrats paid Immigrants to approach the southern border to seek asylum
- Made hare-brained claims that Finland rakes its forests clear to avoid forest fires and that Californians laziness in raking out leaves is what lead to the massive wildfires devastating the west coast
- Blamed Puerto Rico for hurricane damage and openly mulled removing all Federal aid to the island (again)
- Claims he personally and ‘very easily’ answered all Mueller’s questions when we all know it hasn’t happened and that his lawyers will write every word of it.
- Been completely obstinate and unable to admit the North Koreans lied to him just like they lied to everyone else and are cranking out new, better missiles after bargaining away nothing for the concession;
- Stood next to Putin at the Treason Summit and claimed he couldn’t think of any reason the Russians would interfere with our election and offered to turn over a couple of US Citizens to Kremlin Spy services for some soviet style confessions via torture.
- Been Carnival Barker for a series of Saudi Bullshit stories about how they sent a 15 member hit team with a speed dissectionist to the Turkish Embassy and they accidentally killed Washington Post writer Jamal Kashoggi when he attacked the 15 of them like every 62-year-old always does when surrounded by professional torturers.
- Lied to a greater and greater extent about the amount of jobs and money the Saudi Arms deal is going to produce. At various times it’s 5,000 or 50,000 or recently “well over a million”. The amount of money involved he has also continued to increase at every asking or offering. It’s a Billion dollars or Many Hundreds of Billions of dollars when he gets asked about this. He seems to be winging it or just convincing himself. He’s given no real clue as to where he gets these numbers.
The whole Jamal Kashoggi thing alone would probably have ended any other president, but Trump seems immune, for the moment, from any consequences. The outright lies and halcyon daze of a great economy has evaporated in recent weeks too.
So the questions is – what comes after Decompensation?